Histology is an essential course that often gets a bad wrap due to the hours spent staring at slides made 40 years ago on light microscopes that are also about that age. Recently there has been a push to move the content online and use interactive modules which is a definite improvement. Once you get oriented to the staining techniques, planes of tissue sections, and magnification, you can actually get a lot out off histology.
Pathology is a continuation of histology, the idea being that you're now stellar understanding of normal tissue will help you interpret pathology. Gross specimens are also incorporated.
- Histology Downloads
- Histology & Pathology Online Resources
- Webpath - A truly fabulous collection of histology and pathology images with explanations, self-exams and more.
- Histology & Pathology Text Books
- Histology and Cell Biology: An Introduction to Pathology - A thoroughly illustrated and readable guide to histology. Recommended as a supplement to any course materials.
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 7th Ed. - The definitive text book in pathology.
you will be emailed a link to download your file.