Brain and Behavior crams a lot into one course. The neuroanatomy portion is the most difficult part if you haven't had it before, but just like with gross anatomy, the more times you see it the easier it gets. A decent understanding of the spinal tracts the cranial nerves will enhance your understanding of neurologic disease and help you our later on the wards.
- Brain & Behavior Downloads
- Neuroexam.com has short videos of each component of a complete neuro-exam.
- The Whole Brain Atlas - Harvard's MRI/PET image library of the brain.
- Neuroanatomy Atlas - Downstate's interactive brain slices.
- Neuro-ophthalmology - Animated lessons on the neurology of eye movements and pupillary disorders.
- Recommended Brain & Behavior Textbooks
- Neuroanatomy: An Atlas of Structures, Sections, and Systems (Haines) - Great brain slice images, weaker on the pathways.
- The Human Brain: in Photographs and Diagrams - Nice pathway images. The atlas counterpart to Nolte's text.
- The Human Brain: An Introduction to Its Functional Anatomy(Nolte) - A quality text to compliment an atlas.